Early access release date:
12 Dec, 2019
Steam (PC, Mac and Linux)
Necesse is a top-down sandbox action-adventure game in a procedurally generated world. Progress your character’s gear and settlement through fighting, mining, exploring, crafting, trading and more!
Created by Mads Skovgaard under the alias Fair, Necesse started as a solo hobby and passion project back in 2012, spending about 1-2 hours on it daily. Since then he has taught himself the skills required to develop a game including programming, sound design, art and game design. The game reached a state in 2019 where he went full time to push it for a Steam early access release on December 12, 2019. Since early access release a ton of content has been added: Over 6 times the count of items, over tripled the count of bosses, 5 times the amount of enemies, a complete graphics overhaul, major performance improvements, Mac and Linux support and much more. Development is not slowing down.
- Play alone or with friends – Necese can be played solo or with multiple players with scaled bosses.
- Change up your build any time – your character is never locked to one build, allowing you to mix and match and find the best setup for the situation.
- Explore the infinite procedurally generated world of Necesse with many different bosses, biomes, cave systems and dungeons. Go underground, find treasure and trade with villages.
- Craft armor, weapons, potions, food and more to prepare your character for the next challenge.
- Start your settlement and recruit settlers to work for you. Keep them happy and fight off threats that want to invade your settlement.
- Build a farm, go fishing and supply yourself with food and powerful potions and buffs that will help you progress through the game.
- Tons of quality of life features like inventory sorting/managing, vicinity crafting, smart mining, auto door and more.
- Find, collect and style up with cosmetics, pets and mounts.
- Create circuit networks and traps to kill incoming enemies.
- Host a dedicated server for you and your friends to play on.
Logos and other media
You are allowed to download and use them for your content.
What to link to?
Please link to the Steam store page here:
Or if possible, it is even better to embed this:
<iframe src="https://store.steampowered.com/widget/1169040/" width="100%" height="190" frameborder="0"></iframe>
It will look like this: